Saturday, January 25, 2014

Another Deer Stand Adventure w/ Rachel

This story takes place in Simsboro, LA at the end of the 2009-10 deer season, in mid/late January. So I was a freshmen in high school. Rachel and Tim had not filled a deer tag yet and it was the last day of gun season. It had been a good year for me, I killed my first deer, an 8pt and I killed a doe while running dogs. On this morning, I decided to tag along with Rachel and we sat in the black stand over the big field. Not too long after we got settled in, I said to Rachel "I think I'm gonna be sick." She told me to go to sleep and so I did. I woke up after a lil while and announced "I'm gonna throw up," and immediately I stuck my head out the front window of the deer stand & the fun began. Rachel patted my back to let me know it was gonna be okay, and I was glad to be getting it out of my system. As she was comforting me, she said "I see a deer." I stopped and looked to my left (head still hanging out the window). "I see four deer!! Shoot one!" I told her as I pulled my head in. She stuck the .270 out the window and tried to decide which one was bigger than the rest. I could hear her breathing heavy, and whispered "relax." One deep breath later the doe dropped to the ground. The other three still stood there and Rachel gave me the gun to see if I could get one, but when I got them in my sights they were bounding off to the woods. I think I remember puking at least one more time, but it must have been good luck to get sick in the stand! I have another story where someone got sick and a big buck came out minutes later, but you will have to wait to read about that one!





No comments:

Post a Comment