Friday, January 24, 2014

Big Pig

My brother-in-law, Tim, and I were deer hunting one afternoon and did not see any deer. We heard something running through the leaves and saw a big hog cross the shooting lane. Tim handed me his .270 and told me to shoot it when it came out into the clear again. I said "No, you shoot it!" So he took the gun and sure it enough, it came out straight in front of us and he popped it. We donated this hog instead of processing it and eating it ourselves, so I didn't really see the point in killing it at this time. It was not long at all before I learned how much of a nuisance these animals really are. Over time I have seen them tear up many, many food plots, ruin pastures, make huge messes, and scare deer away. They are nothing but trouble, multiplying like crazy too.



No comments:

Post a Comment