Saturday, January 25, 2014

Dove Hunt

My first ever dove hunt. With me I took a Ducks Unlimited engraved Whistler Mossberg 20 gauge pump shotgun. My dad's friend, Mr. Sonny had loaned it to us a while back. Mr. Sonny "bought it for his daughter" (before she was even born) and it had never been shot. When I went to load my gun, I realized this. We had to take the plug out, cut it, and put it back in. I thought it was very cool that I was the first person to shoot this beautiful gun. Too bad I could hardly hit a dove with it. I still had fun and ended up going again when I got back home--just down the road from my house actually. I got a little better thanks to Tim reminding me a few good times how to lead the birds' flight path. I also learned how to distinguish doves from other birds by the way they fly. When we were done hunting, the doves were surprisingly easy to clean. They are also very tasty.




No comments:

Post a Comment